Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charging li-pos

I have a Pro-Peak Constellation charger, what I need to know is will it charge Li-Po 2s 7.4v 240mah batteries?
    It says it will do lipo anyway but I`m not sure it will go that small, any help please as I don`t want to buy another charger if I don`t have to.
    Thanks
    John

That would depend on the type of cells being used- if they have a charge rating of 0.5C you'd be OK to charge them at 100mA (lowest constellation goes) for just over two hours, you'd almost half the time at 200mA but the cells would have to handle 1C charging, see if you can find any data on them

They are
    240mAh Hyperion G3 CX 25C LiPo

Thanks

http://www.hyperion-eu.com/products/pro ... 25-0240-2S

Up to 5C charging, so whilst you shouldn't fast-charge all the time as it will decrease battery lifespan, you can go up to 1.2A (5 x 240mA) charge rate if you really need to (make sure the charger's set to li-po!)

Many thanks for your help Ewan, I`ll charge them at the lowest it will go just to be sure then.

ok all ready to charge them now but can someone let me know the settings I need to use or at least let me have a pdf of the manual as I can`t find mine now I need it.

finished the ant though!

Go down to charge mode, press set up, the battery type should flash, you press down until you get lipo, press set up again to go to cell number (2), press setup again and select 200ma (only goes down in 100s), and hit set up twice more (I've never changed the last 2 values) and hit enter once it's hooked up to the battery.

Thanks.

Ok set it to C: 0.2A, I`m now getting Li 7.4v 3000mah is that right?

The 3000mA should be reading 200mA

Register To Comment