Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Featherweight for £150

100% Working featherweight robot, preferaby with a moving weapon. I would only like to spend up to £150. Not much else to say. My parents want me to work on a ready to work one, so don't just tell me all the joys of making one from scratch. I don't care how good/useless it is, as long as it has a good electric system then it has potential. I know there isn't much of a criteria, so reply if you find one/have one? Also, this is my first robot, if it explains why I would like something which can be worked on.

A lot of people would disagree with you on the point of buying one, but I agree that it can be useful, it will be good to tinker with one that already works. Saw you point on the Battle Ratz too and I would suggest that they are not going to able to be converted into featherweights, but if its just something to tinker with you're looking for then that might be good. You could maybe even get hold of the instruction book for them and see how it all works by working backwards so to speak.

I understand how a robot works, if thats what you mean, and my father is a mechanic, so i shouldn't find many problems, and I do have a collection of VEX. My problem is that my parents want something they know works and is ready-to-go, they feel building it is too much of a hassle unfortunately.

I dont really mean anything by it, just agreeing with you. If you want to compete with a featherweight, a Battle Rat is probably not for you though. I dont know if they still run specific competitions at RR events though, I asked about that last night.

I might start from scratch, could you recommend a good speed controller to start with?

Scorpion XL for 2WD and the Scorpion XXL fir 4WD

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4695

General question related to this thread.
    Has anyone ever bought a ready to run feather with a weapon for £150?

Is that a question or sarcasm? I honestly don't know which.

Register To Comment