Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots Sale

Hi guys,

Got a few things either taking up space or unwanted/unneeded, hasn€™t quite been as big a clearout as I was hoping for, but may find more stuff over time.

Please buy Tom's crap before buying mine, he's selling way better stuff

First up is the mini Typhoon Rover chassis. Gary made this for the UK Robotic Games in 2006, before I bought it and turned it into €˜Bullseye€™ for my dad to drive at events. After an abysmal combat record, I rebuilt the chassis from 8mm and 12mm polypropylene and renamed it simply €˜Rover€™. It€™s not really designed for full-on featherweight combat and only weighs around 6kg with everything in it, but it would work well as a display/demo robot and something to practice driving. It has drill mounts but no motors or wheels, but they€™re cheap enough and easy enough to add these days.

Includes:

One set of HDPE motor mounts (from the old €˜UK Robotics€™ motor mounts) for two motors.
    Two Futaba servos fitted with microswitches, to provide non-proportional €˜bang-bang€™ speed control.
    Two 8.4V drill battery packs, roughly 1Ah. Fitted with Deans connectors.
    Wiring, LED and removable link (Deans).

As mentioned, the chassis is 8mm polypro sides, 12mm polypro front and rear bulkheads, and the silver grey football guides and front nose bit are just wood. Top armour is, I believe, a road-sign picked up by Gary during a night out?

Open to offers.

----------------------------------

Next up is my fleaweight, Kiss My Asimov. Thrown together in a couple of hours, and competed at the 35th Antweight World Series.

Here is a video of it taking out a three-way clusterbot (very, very, very slowly):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbsj0c9tG_s

Specs:
    Electronize case body/chassis
    1mm polycarb front wedge and side armour
    2 x Tower Pro SG-50 servos, onto small plastic wheels (Chaos 2 pullback) with rubber attached. The servos are quite slow but could be speed hacked to make the robot pretty nippy.
    A 6-channel DSM2 compatible €˜Orange€™ receiver, minus case.
    A 4.8V, 120mAh (I think) battery pack.
    No transmitter included. Any DSM2 Tx (DX6i, E-Flite etc) should do.

Open to offers.

Got a few more bits and bobs that I€™ll list later.

Stop selling stuff i want people to buy my crap lol

Don't worry, your crap's better than my crap.

Put that on your first post in bold please so its official. somthing along the lines of Please buy toms crap before buying mine, hes selling way better stuff

My proudest moment in antweight robotics there Jamie

Oh yeah, I forgot you were driving Asimov in the main event. And there was me thinking I'd done quite well knocking all three robots out

Haha yeah, that was a boring fight even for me driving it. I thought your very, very, very slowly comment was aimed at being a dig

Nah that was me just describing its lightning F1-style acceleration capabilities

Register To Comment