Register To Comment
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

I've wired it up for a test run here's the ivd

Good stuff

new incarnation of scruffy .... probably gonna call it scruffy devil, have a couple of red LED's for eyes on the lifter

Motors 2x ryobi drill motors 600rpm

5mm steel round all sides

2mm steel base

2x 7.2v 3800mah battery's in series

lifter is 1 or 2 car seat actuators

2x 100mm wheels

and i have a sabertooth dual 12a controller or might just use a couple of boat 1 as i have found some that can run on 14.4v for about £13 a piece and a v trail mixer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice find on the Break Pipe connector! Effectively gives you a long 3/8 UNF nut. Just need to find one 14mm long to match the thread on drill shafts.

the total length is about 30mm but there's a bit in the middle so you only get about 11mm of thread either side i had to open up the hole the get the screw in

Interesting,,,, you could always cut it down I guess.

got the motors attached to the base plate used screw inserts with an m6 thread and i think i will have to use 1 of the 2 actuators...... i have the length of 5 x 100 x 1000mm flat bar which will do the sides and back and I've ordered a piece of 5 x 120 x 400mm which will fit the wedge front

go the 5mm front plate and checked all the weights mostly using this website..... http://www.matweb.com/tools/weightcalculator.aspx

should have just over 4kg to make the lifting arm and top armour

thats a good website used it for many years

good luck with the build

Register To Comment