Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daiske II

Considering selling off Daiske II as it is maybe a bit advanced a beginning for my team mates who were planning on completing it, they are probably better starting from scratch. At the moment its basically just an Ali baseplate with 2 x 24v Gold motors and either 75mm or 125mm Robochallenge wheels. I say either because the smaller wheels were for a pneumatic flipper setup and the larger wheels were for more of a wheely big cheese rambot setup, would be ridiculously fast in that setup though I would imagine. I did have it running on smaller wheels at 9.6v and it was even quick then.

That was Jamie/Colins plan for it, but they're going to use more basic things instead i.e. drills and plastic instead of metal and golds.

For people who don't know about Gold motors I believe their spec is fairly similar to Speed 900's

Looking to sell just to add more funds to another project I have at the moment and also get Eric Jr some new batteries and wheels. I also have a few other bits and pieces lying around that may well be getting listed soon.

how much are you looking for?

Have FB'd you

Eagles eyed viewers will no doubt recognise it from the Team Hydra sale (as thats where I took the picture from) where I think I bought it for 70 quid with the smaller wheels so would like that back for it if at all possible. It looks a bit different as I have had to increase the arches to accommodate the larger wheels but i'll get photos tomorrow if anyone's interested because at the moment its f-f-f-f-very cold outside.

EDIT: Got your message and replied Jamie

Ohh and I totally forgot! It has sides too now, it actually looks very little like that photo

I hope Liam doesn't mind, but he has a FB photo I will now attempt to pilfer...

Ignore the white HDPE, that was put on just to make that photograph look like it was a complete robot and not just a rolling chassis... Still kinda frankenstein-y looking though

I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them too.

Anyway, the sides/back and motor mounts are 15mm RG1000. Motors are mounted to allow equal clearance top and bottom with a weight (Polypropelene maybe?) in the front to keep the nose down whichever way up it is. Not sure if its worth more/less as it is now compared to the first photo. I'll leave it listed for a few days and see how the offers go and see what i'll do from there. Also better confirm it with my cousin that he is definitely going the drill route.

Photos taken today:

Top, running correctly:

Side view:

Inverted running:

Needs a bit of work doing to it and could probably do with bigger axles to make the wheels more secure.

Indeed I did, i'll leave it a few days and get back to everyone, just seeing how much interest there is out there then i'll see what i'm doing with it

Register To Comment