Register To Comment

Thread: blowing up Pneumatics

just had my feather weights low pressure pneumatics blow up right infront of my face.

completly ripped apart a push fit elbow and sent it flying off like a bullet.

pneumatics still really need respect even if you think you know what your doing D:

Jeeeeeeesus! Well I hope you're OK! To think I have been messing with 2-300 psi in homemade air guns pumped with bicycle pumps and standard schrader valves, never had something blow. Luckiest person around? Lol.

genuinely S**t myself!

very strange for a push-fit to fail. did it just come of the pipe or actually break? Have you checked the pressure, as your regulator could of failed and give FP (although ive had this happen before, and the plumbing hasn't failed).

it litterally ripped an elbow apart, only running on about 8 bar aswell - well as far as i know now

happened as i turned the bottle on aswell, i normally turn it on slowly so it doesn't just dump all the co2 into the pipes but i didn't this time, that could have had something to do with it i'm not sure

alan is there any chance you've got a spare 12mm elbow for this weekend? im not sure if i have any left

cheers woody, thats what i thought it would have been tbh, i normally always turn the bottle on slowly, but the valve was a bit stiff so i gave it a quick yank and it span open really fast...... then bang and very very loud co2 just venting out the pipework lol

Register To Comment