Register To Comment
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

The diameters are in the product headings, about to add wheel masses though which I'd missed out.

Will give those new grippy wheels ago on Rover and Eric Jr and see how they compare to the Blue ones

Yeah, think I'll snap up a few of those wheels to see how they perform

Only potential issue I can see with the wheels is that having a single nut inserted may cause issues with strength and reliability. I know from having taken them to bits that the robochallenge wheels use a double nut to secure it to the drill shaft.

That's probably reasonable for 100mm+ wheels whose hubs are larger but for these there's not a great deal of space for two nuts. As it is each is heated to 220°C and pressed with ~1T force into the hub.

If the application allows it the wheel can be mounted 'backwards' onto the GR01 shaft if the off-nut side is part-bored to 12mm, providing greater resistance to radial loads. This would obstruct the motor's front mounting holes however as the wheel sits much closer to the bearing face. I will aim to put this into pictures by the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by ewan
    If the application allows it the wheel can be mounted 'backwards' onto the GR01 shaft if the off-nut side is part-bored to 12mm, providing greater resistance to radial loads. This would obstruct the motor's front mounting holes however as the wheel sits much closer to the bearing face. I will aim to put this into pictures by the new year.

I'm gonna give that a bash today/tomorrow as the wheels wont fit on either bots I have unless they're mounted backwards. Will upload photos when I manage it. Also, package received this morning Ewan, cheers.

Try not to go all the way up to the nut with the clearance hole, perhaps half-way though the wheel ought to be enough

The shopping basket side of the website has been updated for more accurate postage calculations (new prices here, UK delivery remains free for orders over £50) and to add the option of Google Checkout for those who'd prefer it to PayPal.

At the current rate stocks of the GR01 are likely to run out within two weeks but will be replenished by the middle/end of January.

Any videos of the kits in action yet Ewan? Also noted on the website it says operating voltage upto 21v.... Do they get warm at 21? Ok for running on 6s lipo?

Register To Comment