Register To Comment
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

Replacement motors arrived, thanks Ewan

collected my actuator from the post office today as post missed us on wed, quick postage and very well packaged

the actuator allot quicker than i was thinking it would be and very powerful, oh and thanks for the diodes they will be very useful

ewan i don't suppose you do spare gears for the gla-s as ive managed to shred mine in testing

Yes I should have a set, email/PM me with which gear failed. Incidentally that's the first time I've known those gear to fail; did you stall the actuator up against an end point or apply a >230kg load?

oh brilliant thanks

i was lift about 40kg ish but i will change the mounting points of the lifter and move it nearer to the from to decrees the strain on it,

I've just had a look at your test video (self-righting one), it looks like a 6:1 (or more) mechanical disadvantage which would have given >230kg at the actuator for a 40kg load at the end of the arm. Changing the pivot may be a good idea, (or alternatively you could just make sure you don't lift 40kg!)

i measured it up and worked it out its a 5.75-1 so yeah very close estimate

The GR02 gearmotors are now back in stock with new lower prices and a free external bearing kit supplied with every motor

http://www.gimsonrobotics.co.uk/GR02...gearmotor.html

Any questions, please let me know

Some of you may have noticed that prices for a number of our items have gone up recently, this is to take account of 20% UK VAT which is now applicable to all Gimson Robotics sales except those received from outside the EU, or those from VAT-registered businesses in countries except the UK. One item that will remain at the same price for now is the GR02 gearmotor, something we have been able to achieve due to savings made down the supply chain.
    Last edited by ewan; 4th August 2013 at 18:01.

Register To Comment