Register To Comment
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

Having been able to look at them in detail, they look like some very nice units. I'll be ordering a couple (to start with) when wages come through and see how they perform.

What's stopping that front bearing poping out? Circlip on the output shaft?

Cheers Craig, your order's been boxed up and will be sent 1st class on Monday. Do let me know how they get on!

Re Dave: The bearings are press-fits (there's two, another on the hidden side of the Nylon front section), which is a more permanent solution in Nylon (as opposed to aluminium say) given its ability to deflect and maintain a compressive force on the outer bearing ring. They're not going anywhere basically, especially considering the lack of axial loads on them

And if you'e not sure, there are enough inserts to mount a thin plate in front of the bearing.

I'm waiting for the next month before ordering a set..

What off the shelf wheels are compatible with these motors? Or do you have to custom build them?

Robochallenge ones with nut inserts

Yep they'l work fine

Would the gears fit Argos drill motors?

Possibly- they are the same size (with different styling) as gears from an Argos drill I bought three years ago, but as budget drills sometimes change design I can't say for sure.

Register To Comment