Register To Comment
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

EC3 Connectors are now discounted to clear stock for new products, get them while they last!

EC3 stocks have long gone and stocks of 50, 150 and 200mm actuators are back.

Please note that GR01 motors will not be available between May 5th through to June the 10th, so please do stock up if you'll be needing some over that time.

Bearing covers for the GR01 are finally in and pictures will be coming tomorrow.

The bearing cover alongside a GR01 with one fitted:

Ewan, for your GLA-S actuators, if you increased the voltage to its max with the 14.4v models what would the extension speed of the actuator be? I am guessing that at 14.4v it extends at 20mm/s.
    Also are the 24 or 18v versions of the motors that go on the GR01's? I have been searching but cant find any.

Hi Alex, please refer to the operating characteristics table on this page for the actuator speeds: http://www.gimsonrobotics.co.uk/GLA-S_l ... uator.html
    You'll see that at the nominal voltage the 14.4V model will travel at 34mm/s when unloaded.

I haven't been able to find 18V or 24V nominal versions of the 550 motor used widely available, despite having looked all over the place- the few suppliers who might have a viable motor require minimum orders in the hundreds so it's not really an option for this market. You should find that with the right conditions (heat-sinking/fan cooling and/or current limiting) you could run the 14.4V motor at as high as 21V, but you'd have to be careful- certainly not do what I've seen some people do and tape up the cooling vents on the motors!
    That's if you're after extra power and speed though, if you've just got a high voltage robot and want to use GR01's then just set the travel limits on the transmitter to 3/4'ers or so on the driving channels, so that the motors will never receive the full supply voltage from the speed controllers.

Give it a week and i will be able to test that for you Though i will need a new base...

I`ve got two 14.4 motors running on 4s 4000mah lipo, loads of power but havn`t done any combat yet.

We had our first fights in with a set of Gimson GR01's.

Went fine in that department.

Register To Comment