Register To Comment
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

Again, thanks Ewan, have placed an order.

Cheers Tony, will be sent tomorrow and should be able to squeeze it in to 1st Class to be with you on Wednesday

Sweet

Got half of it today Ewan, presumably the other half will be here tomorrow. Thats the Royal Mail for you...

I will be getting bearing covers for the GR01 laser cut later this week- although it's not that difficult to make one up out of a scrap piece of material I think an off-the-shelf fix is worth doing to be able to offer the choice.

Website is a bit delayed at the moment due to a surge in business & bespoke projects, can't really complain though!

Quote Originally Posted by ewan
    I will be getting bearing covers for the GR01 laser cut later this week- although it's not that difficult to make one up out of a scrap piece of material
    Just fitted mine today. Couple of bits of 4mm HDPE, took about five minutes total to make. Seems to do the job.
    You just getting aluminium ones laser cut?

You just getting aluminium ones laser cut?
    Yeah, looking at £1.30 each, cut from 1mm Ali with two M5x10mm Stainless button-head screws for attaching. Will post pictures when they're done. Will sell separately from the GR01 so people have a choice of doing their own cover/mounting via the front (and so that the base price isn't changed).

Received mine Saturday morning (ordered Friday!) and took one to Whitwick today to show to a few people. Can't wait to fit them they look like they`ll be the business.

For anyone looking to do their own, here's a quick example. A 45mm x 45mm square of 4mm HDPE, two 5mm holes for fixings and one 12mm hole to clear the shaft:

[attachment=0:2tz6mes4]dr2_build (126).jpg[/attachment:2tz6mes4]
    Attached Images Attached Images

The new website is finally live!

It should hopefully be more consistent to navigate, though do let me know if you find any problems.
    There's a couple of new accessories for actuators though most of the rest is unchanged.

Register To Comment