Register To Comment
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Wooden Robot Class

I have learnt from previous experience with a plant pot and a huge hammer.
    Its not what its built from but how its built. Robots like inertia dont saw holes they just sort of act like a lifter- makes a dent and flings it in the air. If its built well it wont break (but it will have a massive dint in it)
    I am building a wooden robot and we will see how it does.
    When it is built I will set someone the challange of breaking it.
    I am quietly confident...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    You won't get a regular event for this class unless someone has thousands they want to throw away
    Anyone?

Had someone with a pro camera take some shots of the robots:

Lol. If you want a project that kids can get involved in where regular competitions can be held then you should look towards something like the rampaging chariots that team typhoon made up and now hold annual competitions for,

http://www.rampagingchariots.org.uk/

By it's very nature, combat robots need an expensive arena to contain regardless of the weapons used. For this reason there will not be regular competitions.

Is rampaging chariots event only for children in Scotland?

I believe there are teams in England now as the project has expanded (it's been a while since I was heavily involved). The one thing I will say is that it would have to be a school group or similar that builds the bot rather than an individual on their own.

Contact the team using the site and they will let you know the ins and outs.

Roboteer

anyone want some gears

trying to post a pic but cant post it as yet its too big a file ...
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Roboteer

Heres the pic i think ....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Get a permissions error, may have to be your friend on FB or change the photo settings to public so all can see.

Failing that use something like Photobucket and just paste the IMG code onto this forum.

Register To Comment