Register To Comment
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden Robot Class

i'm in!

chipboard!!

i would happily do something like this

@Dave, that's what I was trying to get at, most people already have screwdrivers, hacksaws, rasp etc.... Plus woodwork is a compulsory subject in most schools at least until GCSE and then most of Resistant Materials works with wood, so most people should know what they're doing.

this could be a way of intrducing spinners back, just non lethal ones. we could make a rule of must use a stock cutting disk of no more than x inches and at no more than x RMP

I did some maths based on a thin shelled ring weighing in at 30 lb with a 20ft/s tip speed max comes to 250J no matter what size the weapon is. In reality it will be much less than this due the impossibility of all of the mass being on the edge.

The formula quite nicely simplifies to Max KE = (mk^2)/2 where m is the robots mass in kg and k is the maximum allowed tip speed in m/s

On a side note, I remember reading that the antweights DBA and Katjuscha have something on the order of 100J in their discs so these should be safe(ish)

Edit: Added units for the formula

Good maths Jordan, 100J is nothing.

I would say no to HDPE.

Register To Comment