Register To Comment
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherweights - Active weapon rule

Alan....I got to be honest with you mate and please dont be offended too much.

Me and Jason had a good conversation on the way home and our conclusion was that your worthing show was pretty poor on a whole from a crowds point of view. The roboteers (ALL OF US) build these robots and bring them to your show. you need roboteers and roboteers need you. The featherweights are what they are and your show is what it is. put them together and its a no brainer whats going to happen. There were points in that show where all i could hear was the slight clash of a featherweight now and then above the scilence. There was no excitment during the feather fights. The heavys were as good as usual but still was lacking razamataz. Skelly is always good a crowd pleaser for sure. boxers are boring for roboteers watching but only because we see them all the time....crowds like them i am sure. Instead of pointing the finger at boring box's up your game and make them interesting. we spend our time and money to help you so you should spend your time and money to help us.

Boring box's are the very start of some roboteers that go on to build heavys. Dont cull them or you will kill your future.

up your game and make them interesting. we spend our time and money to help you so you should spend your time and money to help us.
    We have, we built Battleaxe for this very purpose, we use the arena flipper, pit etc. I don't see what more we can do.

show was pretty poor on a whole from a crowds point of view
    What makes you say that? We speak to many of the guests as they leave and hear nothing but positive comments.

I don't want to ban anyone, pushers would be still welcome to run in whiteboards. I'm just looking at a way of making fights more interesting, so if anybody has any other ideas, im all ears.

Wooden Robots!

Stop arguing I've got the solution.

New featherweight house robot, Thor :shock:

I think that will make things a bit more interesting

If your idea of interesting is having every robot chopped in half!

Put a caravan in the arena and let everyone destroy it. The crowd (and Jeremy Clarkson) would love that.

You can do that right?

Ideas for FW arena hazards
    1/ A pit sweeper It's just a steel blade that follows an arch if you don't get out of the way you get swept in the pit! easy to operate either with an electric motor or pneumatics.
    2/ Dukes of hazard speed ramp see how far these fast robots can jump
    3/ chuck in a big ball and some goal posts
    4/ Poop-ah scoop-a, A lifting device that if a robot gets pushed on to it will gently scoop them out of the arena and on to a mat
    All with lots of lights and sirens

Quote Originally Posted by craig_colliass
    Ideas for FW arena hazards
    1/ A pit sweeper It's just a steel blade that follows an arch if you don't get out of the way you get swept in the pit! easy to operate either with an electric motor or pneumatics.
    2/ Dukes of hazard speed ramp see how far these fast robots can jump
    3/ chuck in a big ball and some goal posts
    4/ Poop-ah scoop-a, A lifting device that if a robot gets pushed on to it will gently scoop them out of the arena and on to a mat
    All with lots of lights and sirens
    Heavy metal ball of rolling around randomly - draw angry face - name it Ball breaker.

car wash style rotating brush - red & yellow?

a rubber door mat - preferably with Welcome engraved in as sarcasm.

floor raising by air bag in a hill - Jolt hill using corner air bags - send nearest to centre through.

a bowls style pushing contest - put moving hammer ball in arena - nearest wins.

Register To Comment