Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More pmeumatics!

I know I've misspelled it - it's for Google tracking.

So I have a solenoid valve, a reg & a pressure relief valve. I'm still waiting on my ram to come through.

If I am reading these rules correctly, I need a bottle, isolation valve, FP vent valve, LP vent valve & tubing. Any pointers from the veterans?

no fp vent is needed as long as the regulator is connector straight to the co2 tank. i'd recommend you put in a buffer tank aswell to get better flow.

No a vent (dump) valve is definatly needed! Any old ball valve will do.

i know one is needed for the low pressure part after the regulator but it was too my understanding that if the regulator is connector straight to the bottlethen no fp dump is needed (between bottle and regulator). and if there is any remaining full pressure co2 in the bottle it can be dumped using the screw valve on the bottle after the bottle has been removed from the robot.

time to go look through the fra rules again

Yes, I thought so.

Mind you, you say any old ball valve - I can't find a single High Pressure valve to use as isolation or dump.

FP and LP dump valves;

http://www.technobotsonline.com/pneu...ll-valves.html

Put the ball valve for the dump of your buffer tank...

Your ment to turn off the bottle before dumping the gas after a fight... but if you've only got a small amount left just dump the lot through the dump valve (the gas left in the bottle will flow through the regulator- then out of the dump valve)... doing this also helps to chill your bottle, having a cold bottle helps when you come to re-fill it.

All good advice, duly noted. That would leave me with a bottle, buffer tank & an isolation valve that doesn't restrict flow to find.

All the paint ball bottles I find are pin valve but I read somewhere on here they can freeze open. Doesn't that make it unsuitable for use as an isolation valve?

Think there is a mix up in terminolgy going on. Jonny you are correct no FP relief valve is needed if the reg bolts straight on the bottle. But a dump or vent valve to enpty the system at the end of a fight is a must.

if the bottle has a screw top can't you just open that at the end of a fight?

Normal procedure for arena marshals is to close the screw top valve on your bottle then dump any gas remaining in the buffer and rest of the system. If the marshal can't get to the screw top valve then he will dump all the gas from the whole system. This maybe due to damage or to the robot being in a unusual position.

Basic system here:
    Relief valve
    |
    Main Resevoir - Screw top - buffer - valves - ram(cylinder)
    |
    dump valve(ball valve)
    |
    atmosphere

Register To Comment