Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The treatment of Storm 2 in Robot Wars series 7

It was absolutely appalling there's a long list I could go through but i don't have the time so i'll post the bigger ones.

1. First of all they said Storm 2 couldn't qualify for the 7th wars unless they had a weapon so they put on the lifter.
    2. After the battle with firestorm the judges tried to disqualify storm 2 for not using their weapon
    3. After the battle in the final against Typhoon 2 shet said Storm 2 had taken more damage after Typhoon 2's weapon no longer worked and if you get a chance to re-watch that battle you will see the damage caused to sSorm 2 wasn't Typhoon but it was when the got underneath Typhoon pushed them into the wall and Storm also hit the wall.

So what do you guys think?

Theres a whole wiki page on this. let me just find the link

From the battle footage, the damage done to Storm 2 looked to be sustained from Matilda's flywheel rather than Typhoon 2, but it was still damage to Storm 2. Could be classed as poor control from them, pushing a robot into a danger zone without ensuring they are able to retreat undamaged. As for the other incidents, I am aware of them and have read accounts supporting or disagreeing with them but to be honest, I think it is all immaterial as:
    a) it's been over 7 years since these events took place,
    b) the result stills stands regardless of how much injustice is perceived to be done, and
    c)Mentorn is a TV company who were always more interested in getting a good-looking spectacle than being fair, so it's no surprise that such decisions were made.

i know i was just wondering what everyone else thought

and also at the end of the final the judges didn't check the robots for damage they were told typhoon 2 was undamaged when there were drive and weapon chains on the arena floor

Gary (typhoon_driver) posted a lot about it on here soon after the event itself. May be able to read his account of it as i'm sure he is far more informed that you or I could be on this issue.

viewtopic.php?f=196&t=223

I think most of it is in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by k_c_r
    to be honest, I think it is all immaterial as:
    a) it's been over 7 years since these events took place
    This came to mind for me as well...it has been so long since the TV show that talking about any unfairness is a bit redundant, and if all this transpired to be true it would hardly be earth shattering news (almost exactly the same thing happened during series 2 with Spin Doctor, and as Jamie said it's a television show with the aim of entertaining people).

That frame was not cheating, it was unprecedented but not cheating.

The rules allow for modifications although it was never clear as to how much.
    I still salute the Tornado boys for thinking outside the box.

Register To Comment