Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed featherweight

hey, looking like a good first robot, but im sure you wont want 4 speed controllers....... you'd be linking each sides 2 drive motors to one speedo meaning you'll be using 2 speed controllers. im not familar with those speed controllers, but did u consider getting the electronize 30A ones? as they'd probabily be better suited.

calum

Looking good. Get an active weapon on it!

I'm guessing that it weighs around the 8 or 9kg mark. Thats a good 4.6kg at least for a weapon. Linear actuator on a lifting arm and you have a bot with an active weapon.

I wouldn't bother putting steel on the top. There aren't many bots that will do much to a 5mm hdpe lid.

the double sided UPVC foam tape is very good for that

This is an area were most people rush and then have failures when the robot is in the arena.

If you can form a box that is part of the robot (say fit a thin plastic bulkhead parallel to a bulkhead you already have) and line it with foam so the electronics can be shock proofed (the Rx antenna won't get ripped off by the wheels!!) you will find the better these things are fitted the longer they will last.

robots stop working because wires get trapped or something gets loose or something preventable has happened,
    think what if this happens and try to minimise risk

The Saint because of the way it thrashes around should be very unreliable, but isn't because of the thought that has gone into making the parts fit well.

So take your time and get this part right in the end it pays

wise words

cable ties. Big ones work well for me

Register To Comment