Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Robot Wars

Just to let you UK boys now, RessetiReplicas has now uploaded the entire Dutch series to Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BNNRobotWarsNL

And no offense to the Dutch, but a lot of the robots are kinda junk. A lot of them break down pretty quickly or the weapons aren't that great. They are a few good ones like Slicer Twisted Metal and Botwork, but a lot of them still looked to be in planning stages. Probably the best robot in the series had to be Matilda....you'll see why!

As far as commentary, didn't care that much for the host, he sure isn't Mick Foley. But the emcee Eric Corton replacing Jonathan Pearce and Stefan Frank is so entertaining despite not even being able to understand him! The only real problem I have with him is that he likes to say the F word a lot and that's not a good thing to say on a day time TV show. Still, it's Robot Wars. Now if only someone had the US and German series....

No they are the same robots and arena as used in the British series. They just got all the Dutch robots to come over here and recorded it at the same time as Series 5 was being filmed

The Killerhurtz team used to dismantle the robot and take it in two or three suitcases when they were in Battlebots, that's one approach :P if I recall correctly to save trouble with the axe at customs, they once buried the axe head in the desert and returned there and dug it up when the next series rolled around!

[quote]haha Thats sweet! so how did they find it? big X? :P or GPS or something? i bet the axe was worth a fair few quid. cheers for the replies people thats cured my curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by j if I recall correctly to save trouble with the axe at customs, they once buried the axe head in the desert and returned there and dug it up when the next series rolled around![/quote

haha Thats sweet! so how did they find it? big X? :P or GPS or something? i bet the axe was worth a fair few quid. cheers for the replies people thats cured my curiosity.
    I'm sure John would be able to tell you himself but from what I heard, he literally drove out to the middle of the desert, dug a hole, covered it over and took note of where it was. It's still there to this day as he buried it up again

Quote Originally Posted by Chris230291
    haha Thats sweet! so how did they find it? big X? :P or GPS or something? i bet the axe was worth a fair few quid. cheers for the replies people thats cured my curiosity.
    I only heard about this at the weekend, but apparently they made a note of the coordinates and then cracked out a metal detector when they got there. And then it got buried again after the competition second time round and John hasn't been back since, so it's still out there somewhere :P

EDIT: What Gary said

Register To Comment