Register To Comment
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Featherweight UK Championships - 3 Days September

Hi Guys

Thank you for the support so far and raising the question of school time off. We understand having the event on the friday as well is more of a pain for those who have school. Unfortunately the dates cant be changed however, I would be more than happy to write a letter for you to take into your school inviting you to compete at the UK championships. Schools generally are very good when it comes to supporting children in sport, especially when you are competing at the highest level.

Hey guys

check out the Robo Challenge website for more information. Sign ups are now open!!!!

Entry into the UK Championships is free when you enter a class of the Power Tool Drag Racing. For those who wish to compete in both events there is a £15 entry fee per team.
    I'm probably mis-interpreting this but surely if you enter a class of the PTDR and you gain free entry into the UK championships, you are effectively entered in both events, for which there is a £15 entry fee?? Help me out please James/Grant

I've just been doing some cost calculations to see if I can afford to get Drumroll II ready in time, as I really want to have it fighting at this. Just need to confer with the old man, work out a few logistical things then I'll get entering

heres a better option for you jamie enter your sander dragster in both comps then you might win a robot fight

Roboteer

It is looking very likely that we are going to have to tell Alex that he cannot compete in this years UK Champs event.For us to attend on the friday we would have to leave thursday afternoon,he will have started school with a new teacher less than 3 weeks prior to this event.If thats a case of tough luck then so be it.
    But I am sure that all things being considered that a lot of the teams with younger members ( a large percentage of featherweight drivers) might be unable to attend, which is a shame for a championship event, not to have a broad, varied and competitive entry list.
    One possiblity might be if a compromise can be sought.Can the champs not be fought on the saturday and sunday.If Grant and James are busy with the PTDR then maybe Alan Young and or Jonno might be able to help in the periods where there is a timescale clash and help with marshalling the Robots if they were attending?
    I am prepared to nail my flag to the mast and say that if we were to attend it would be because of the Robots and not the Power Tool Dragsters, but I would like to attend but find it very hard to think that schools will be sympathetic to taking the children out of school three weeks after a seven week holiday and reluctantly feel that the decision has been made for me.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

front page of the robochallenge website looks good now

I've just signed up (my feather, currently in bits, will be an up-scaled version of my beetleweight), should be fun!
    I also reckon someone should bring a beetleweight arena! (maybe I'm asking too much =))

Signed up sabre but there is no guarantee that it will be ready.

Also signed up for each of the drag racing comps. Who else is entering what drag racing comps?

This should be a good one!

Register To Comment