Update

Been doing a little work to Flatulence over the past couple of days. It's been sitting for about a year needing its armour completed and I've been putting it off for ages because I expected it to be fiddly and annoying to do.

I was right, but got it done eventually. It's quite thin, at 2mm, but seems reasonably strong. The bottom half is 4mm HDPE which will stand up to the spinners a bit better, but I'm fully expecting all of it to take a beating. At least it completes the look a bit more. Ignore the multiple fail-holes where the armour layers meet:

Currently weighs 1083g so got just under 500g for....stuff. The only thing I want to do is replace the ali flipper plate with a steel one with triangle wedges at the front to finish the shape off and offer some protection. Will also need to stick something on the top of the flipper plate to help it self-right as it only rolls halfway over before getting stuck.

I'll never expect this to be a serious contender as I started building it two years ago and since then, despite not even having an event yet, beetleweights have already stepped up a level. But if nothing else, it's good fun to play with