Register To Comment
Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Haha, there are a lot of things in the background that I have plans for which will probably never materialise. I've had that disc for a while though, contemplated fitting it into Onyx's chassis as it was a perfect fit, but there are too many verticals now so I might go for something different with it. If I ever get round to it....

And will do, thanks. Would probably need it turned down to, like, 85mm but I know someone with a lathe

Did you ever do anything with the overhead saw attachment on Carcinus? Because if that's still about you should definitely put that on it. Channel its inner Dead Metal haha!

I do like the look of the bike tread on Drumroll as well, looks pretty good. Imagine it would be pretty grippy too from the looks of it...

Yeah still got the saw attachment, it's actually just hiding behind one of Scar's drive motors in the Carcinus pic. Never got the business end of it sorted out so it'd need a bit of work, but I'll draw some inspiration from Gloomy and try to get it working

Used the same bike tyre on Banebots hubs on Reaver at the champs and it seemed to work fine. No maintenance required, although DB10 did dissect one of them quite nicely.

Damn you for getting that posted before me! Im getting ellis to make some tormenta 3 style wheels for 722 for next year for weight and traction reasons lol... seems you really do benifit from an aggressive tread pattern on the metal floor

Chunky tread like that seems to work nicely and is pretty robust. Only problems I've had have been either not using enough screws to hold it in or a spinner damaging the tread. I've had the same tread on all my robots for years!

Is that true Dave? Was going to grab some Colson wheels for next year instead of my custom made bike tire ones. I would of figured that would be better grip on metal rather than tread?
    I thought tread would be better on mdf flooring to disperse the dust in the tread.

Ha! I knew if I got my wheels sorted early then for once I couldn't be accused of copying you Dave (if you want to ask Ellis to make a couple extra though, that'd be great )

I've used bike tyre on virtually every robot I've ever made, but started using less and less as Banebots became available through Technobots and Robo Challenge Blue wheels faded out. But it's just so easy and effective, kinda happy to be going back to it. Never used enough screws in the past but sorted that this time round. Although if screwing into Banebots hubs I think there can be such a thing as too many, as they may lead to weakening the hub (the wheel on Reaver that DB10 hit may not have failed as much if I hadn't peppered it with screws)

http://imgur.com/a/H0pE3

I still need to see if my tiny lathe can handle the radius tool I made in nylon. I haven't yet, for the same reason the robot stuff is exactly where I plonked it when I stumbled in the door after the champs... I will get round to it soon.

Register To Comment