Register To Comment
Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Looks really good so far Jamie. Have you got any limit switches on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge Job View Post
    are you using a speed controller for the axe? if so, how are you applying full power instantly?
    Yeah I'm using a Victor 883 on the weapon at the moment (will be changing to a TZ-85 when I move across to them). Just controlling it by throwing the transmitter stick to the left or right as quickly as my fingers will allow, so not completely instantaneous, but the difference is negligible. However in the 10 years I've had the transmitter, I've never once used its trainer switch (which is a spring return switch) so I'm planning on rewiring that onto the channel pot so that I can flick the switch to get instantaneous power yet still retain proportional control for retract and demos.

Cheers Dan, no limit switches fitted on it (they'd probably get destroyed) but I've found that just judging it by eye seems to be sufficient. Because the joystick and switch both spring back to the centre/off position, it's easily enough to let go when it's either hit something or reached its travel. Will be adding some rubber absorption/protection to the chassis at the travel limits though.

Cheers Sam, haven't played around with different sized axe sprockets yet. It did cross my mind when I first converted to the scooter motor but at the moment I'm happy with how it's running so will leave it for now. And yeah, the motor's currently got a 9-tooth sprocket on it which is the lowest I could go before running out of boss material!

Update

The battle for weight loss has been won! After drilling 140-odd holes, I managed to get Onyx down to 13.6kg:

The only problem is that my scales are only to one decimal place, so it could be anywhere between 13.61kg or 13.69kg. I thought about drilling more holes to be sure but then I realised that:

- I'll lose a bit of weight when I swap from Victors to TZ85s (might even put the XL from Carcinus back into Onyx as it'll be lighter)
    - I can ditch the RX battery, mount and switch and use the BEC on the XL or TZ85 controlling the weapon
    - I estimate the tether to weigh around 50-100g, and tethers aren't included in the weight (will actually weigh it to be sure)

So the combination of those three things should put it safely underweight; I'm also hoping there will be enough spare to afford some protection to the currently-quite-exposed scooter motor, but we'll see.

Also, it you ever wondered what 375g of HDPE swarf looks like, here you go:

Great stuff. Love the desk covered in swarf. Think mine may look similar soon.
    If your scales are rounding to the nerest tenth of a KG then wont it be between 13.55 - 13.64?

That's a good point actually, never thought of them rounding like that. Won't really know for sure until I get them on a more precise set of scales. The only event where that will be strongly enforced will be the Robo Challenge champs, but I'm hopeful of getting along to at least one RW/RL event before then so I might be able to check it out on their CO2 scales (if they go to two decimal points...)

When you fit the tether, please could you show me, so that I understand what exactly they are?

Yeah can do. It's already fitted but I will be taking it off and weighing it so will get some pictures when I reassemble it.

OK, thanks.

Don't use there co2 scales just guess will be more accurate 300gram difference on no toy from RL- Robochallange scales
    that was alot

Register To Comment