Register To Comment
Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    I really quite like Flam, so will probably go for that.
    Sweet!

Update

Got my Botbitz ESCs today. Crazy fast service; paid for them on Saturday (12th), got dispatched Monday and arrived today. Absolutely no complaints about Botbitz or the Australian air mail service! These 10A ESCs are nice and compact, roughly the size of my thumb:

The lipo battery will sit behind the drive motors and then these ESCs will fit behind them, tucked away right at the back. Haven't tested them out yet though so might give them a try on Flatulence just to see that moving, then transfer them across to Flam for a test of those 1000rpm motors. Managed a couple of hours in the Cave of Blunders tonight and got the drive and weapon motors mounted:

Current weight is 444g, but I'll need to make up some aluminium re-inforcing sides as there's a little too much flex in the chassis for a spinner at the moment. Drum tube is ordered so just waiting for that to get sent. More pics of both robots to follow over the weekend.

Update

Test video of Flatulence:

Update

Made progress on the MDF robot today, so it's now up and running (happy PJ? :wink: )
    Gave it a quick initial test drive and found that the middle non-powered wheels were generating unnecessary friction and making the robot difficult to turn, so dropped them and just gone for 4WD. Definitely doesn't look as cool though.

Some of the wiring started:

Everything in place:

I've slanted the front as well now, so that when it's the right way up it's shaped more like a tank. This was mainly because the bits that previously jutted out at the front were getting bashed and wrecked easily. The mod also allows a bit more freedom when driving over uneven surfaces.

Threw together a quick video as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bksDX2q64yM

Need to decide where to go with it now. The plan is to stick some sort of lifting weapon on the top, with the rough shape/overall look to be like some sort of agricultural machine (load-all/tractor thingy) but it's whether to try and get that ready for Edinburger or just make a steel/HDPE shell to go over it and enter it as an invertable rambot.

Also, need suggestions for a name. Thinking along the lines of something cheesy relating to wood but struggling to come up with anything decent.

Are they 12v motors or 24v, and what are they actually running on ?

Cheers Haz. The motors are 12V and they're running on 19.2V, seems faster in person than it appears in the video. But it's a bit too fast to work properly off-road at the moment (just sends stones everywhere and is difficult to control) so might try dropping the voltage down to 12V.

you could call you could call it woodatrix or cicawood or even wooden cicatrix

Quote Originally Posted by jonny
    you could call you could call it woodatrix or cicawood or even wooden cicatrix
    Can call it that if you want, I don't see me building one anytime soon. But are you getting confused between myself and Jamie?

No, it just looks a lot like cicatrix, but wooden.

Register To Comment