Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flipper Fest 1

ooh nice, il enter orrion (my heavyweight, it's the old iron awe 4, so hp pneumatics )

Quote Originally Posted by CPA23
    Name2
    I could allow it cause technically it is not against the rules. However 300mAh is not going to get you very far. My transmitter has more powerful batteries.

Profanity and Orrion are in, D2 is in as soon as CPA realizes he meant 3000mAh and not 300mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA23
    Sorry, Typo, It's meant to say 3000 mAh
    I know, I was just messing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by team_orr
    ooh nice, il enter orrion (my heavyweight, it's the old iron awe 4, so hp pneumatics )
    For the others, can you please state the size of the ram and the weight and drive stats?

name: orrion
    weight class: Heavy Weight
    weight: 98kg
    year built: 2006
    cost:£1800
    average speed: 18mph
    armor: 6mm Ali with 10mm Polycarb over that
    drive: Lytton Motors x 2
    power: 24v
    esc: Wotty
    weapon(s) :Flipper & Axe
    weapon power: Full Pressure CO2
    dimensions: 45cm
    90cm
    110cm

Problems, you say? Okay then.

*changes stats a bit*

----

Seung Mina VI

Shape: Gone back to the original III design with a few twists. She's a long, low wedge with the flipping arm in the middle, and sloped, curved sides. The rear is a very steep reversed wedge, but rounded off at the bottom where the 2WD pokes out. Like Iron Awe 5, kinda. :P

Colour: Mix of whites and greens, with some red accents thrown in.

Weight: 100kg

Drive: 2 LEM130 Lynch motors run at 49.5v, gearing is an average 6:1; no overkill, but no slouching either.

Power: 9 packs of 15 M1 A123 Lithium-Ion battery cells

Motivation: 2WD inner; 200mm CNC aluminium hubs with the usual urethane tires. The wheels are a bit wider to provide more traction while still giving more weight at the front of the robot so the flipper gets under bots easier.

Speed: 14mph

Armour: 6mm Ti/V alloy with the flipping arm made out of 8mm Ti/V. The top claws are titanium and the underbelly is 6mm polycarbonate.

Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front, rising at the sides from that to 10mm at the rear.

Dimensions in CM (LxWxH): 105 x 102 x 35

Weaponry: You know the drill for the Seung Mina series of vapourbots...what? You don't? Fine. It's a rear-hinged flipping arm, powered by 2 2.5kg CO2 tanks, a 5L buffer tank, and a 200mm stroke 150mm bore ram. This gives Mina enough power to easily clear about 1.5 tonnes, and has enough in the tank for 15 full power flips. The ram is positioned underneath the middle of the flipping arm.

Also, the spikes from the SM3 design return, only they're more pointy and curved. They're to trap wedges that try to fly over SM6.

Srimech: Flipper

----

Good-o?

Quote Originally Posted by kodster
    Problems, you say? Okay then.

Good-o?
    Nope, sorry, not yet. FRA rules, no more than 36V nominal voltage.

Register To Comment