Register To Comment
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

It's gorgeous!

It's...beautiful...

Let's just hope it performs as well as it looks, that's all I can say.

Ian- the disc has been posted, you should receive it Monday.

Weighed 360 and without the link mount (which isn't even built yet), the two RX's and the BEC and it should come out to 13.55kg. I spent a few hours at priory castor's with grant yesterday and managed to loose 40g from turning the wheels down and milling a pocket in the sabertooth mount.

Hopefully going to grange square tomorrow with Ed to Finnish the new battery box for the bigger lipo and mill a bit of weight out of the disc gearbox assembly. Ideally ill get about 150g out of it... Its weird being close to the weight limit... i don't think i like not being able to upgrade without worrying to much. I'm going to try and aim for 13.4kg all in so i've got 200g to play about with magnets in the future...Its mad how 10g here and there soon adds up.

Hi Dave,

The disc turned up today. I did mean to send you a message but due to having to take the wife up the hospital to visit her mum it's been hard to get near the computer. The question now being how much in ransom should I ask to return it? :twisted: Okay in all seriousness, I will be putting it in for nitriding on Monday so i should be sending it back to you on Friday. I will take some photo's of the process for the build diary.

Ian.

Roboteer

Ian i've read that nitriding metal can add up to 10% of its original weight.Hope that you warned Dave about this seeing as weight is now an issue to him. :shock:
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Jesus that was fast! I only posted it yesterday evening at about 4! Great stuff ian, postage came to just under £22, so send me a paypal request if you use it and I'll get the return funds sent to you. I think you might of dug yourself a hole offering to do this lol I got a feeling a few people will be asking you for favours soon

Just 10% that's, very conservative Clive. Let's face it, all those nitrogen molecules going into the surface must do something to the weight.

Got me worried for a second then clive! :sad:

Did abit more work today, took some weight out of the billet disc axle;

Made a link mount thats supported by the front plate of the selfwrighter gearbox ;

Also did some work on the new battery box, did the side plates, abit bigger then the old ones, but ed milled a pocket in the middle of them for me which lost 14grams from them compaired to the old ones;

Roboteer

Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Register To Comment