Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ceri Jenkins support thread

if you aren't using them i might consider buying them back, quite nice little units if i remember right, some of my first work :P

great. Now it's not working. All the lights on but no one at home. Not even the singing.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm
    great. Now it's not working. All the lights on but no one at home. Not even the singing.
    curiouser and curiouser. Apparently, the Aux connector renders the speed controller useless.

Its possibly being used as an inadverted kill switch

so you using those gold motor units or not?!

So I'm at the other side of uk championship and the HDPE bulkheads are well smashed. Can anyone recommend me a good plastic? Bearing in mind, one panel will have to support the lifting forks.

nylon. Better for structural support than HDPE however not as good at absorbing impacts. Nylon for structure, HDPE for armour

Would be nice but previous shock damage would suggest otherwise. I have no photo to hand but one of the bulkheads has literally had it's side ripped off by one of the supporting bolts holding the wedge triangles in place.

The white bulkheads are polypropylene as it was the most material I had when rebuilding Kaizer, and it was a bit stronger than the previous HDPE bulkheads. But it is prone to cracking/shattering upon large impacts (just look at Carcinus) so that would explain why the supporting bolt would have ripped it off.

It's also a matter of how things are mounted; bolt placement and distance from edges etc can alter the levels of localised stresses, leaving some areas more prone to cracking/shattering than others. I just put bolts in where I thought to be the best areas.

If you were to replace that with Nylon (especially if you go to 20mm Nylon like the wedge triangles - there's definitely enough weight for it) you wouldn't suffer that problem to the same degree. I'm not saying that it would eradicate the problem completely but the likelihood of a repeat scenario would be greatly reduced.

Out of interest, did any of the wedge triangles take hits? How did they hold up if they did?

Quote Originally Posted by k_c_r
    If you were to replace that with Nylon (especially if you go to 20mm Nylon like the wedge triangles - there's definitely enough weight for it) you wouldn't suffer that problem to the same degree. I'm not saying that it would eradicate the problem completely but the likelihood of a repeat scenario would be greatly reduced.

Out of interest, did any of the wedge triangles take hits? How did they hold up if they did?
    Multiple impacts and they've all survived with only their front edges smashed from the lower bolt on. By comparison, The bolts holding them there were bent beyond retrieve. The broken poly pro bulkhead still has it's wedge and bolt intact!

Register To Comment