Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum problem

ok fair enough. still its odd to have a feature displayed and not be able to use it. Most fora Ive seen only diplay things you can do. And I think you should be able to decide what you want to do with your postings without having to rely on others. I wouldnt want to waste Kanes or Marks time for something I could do easily myself.

What?

Mr Stu

(Message edited by stu on May 08, 200

And in those years Ive tried that very feature several times. But I do understand the thought process behind it, but I wish the time limit on editing postings was a bit longer than 10 mins though.

And in those years Ive tried that very feature several times.

What years are you refering to Leo?

- think point made.

Also if posts can be altered and deleted by members throughout the forum - then it wont be consitant. If theres a disscusion on something and a member adds some facts, and then they get taken away, but people later quote/talk about them, then it just gets messy.

Though agreed the editing time should be more than 10 mins? 30 mins say?

Mr Stu

No no no, much more than that. Possibly...a day?

We have editing and deleting on our forum. No one has ever abused it and I doubt anyone has ever thought of abusing it. Our adim even suggests editing the first page or our build threads if we change the robot, which I have done over year after the post was made. Its good because I could read one of my posts 10 times before I realise it doesnt actually make sense.
    But there seems to be more arguments here so maybe your admins are right.

quote:

But there seems to be more arguments here so maybe your admins are right.

Really, thats mostly in fanfic, and thats because some newcomers dont know how to follow rules properly.

Seemed to be a few problems with the forum last night...I assume I wasnt the only person who couldnt get on?

Register To Comment