Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a straight answer

Deleting the post simply will not do. This was not about the RR event but was about all FRA sanctioned events.

I need straight answers:

Who exactly needs to have have insurance for what?

What does the FRA cover for us roboteers?

What do the event organisers cover for us roboteers?

If we roboteers do need extra insurance what insurance do we need exactly.

Removing posts is a tool that is being used far to often the last couple of weeks/months.

Roboteer

Leo,

To answer your post.

1. Insurance is to protect financially against claims against a person or company. e.g. liability.

2. The FRA provides a common ruleset and guidelines. We require insurance to provide this to roboteers.

3. A requirement for FRA event organisers is to provide public liability insurance for their events.

4. Roboteers are not required to obtain any additional insurance to attend FRA sanctioned events unless otherwise mentioned. You do not need any additional insurance to attend the UK championships. The FRA currently has no restriction on roboteers purchasing addition insurance to cover any aspect of their attendance at events.

5. Posts are only removed when they may be offensive or misleading. What posts specifically are you referring to? Maybe the spam removed last week? The arguments in the Fanfic several months ago?
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

4. Coming back to my example:

I go to a event with my heavyweight. The arena is deemed all OK by FRA guidelines, and my robot tech checks out OK. A flipper launches my robot into a post and suddenly the arena collapses, injuring a arena marschall.

Who will get an insurance claim? Me? The person driving the flipper? The FRA? The event organiser? All of the above? Insurance companies have a nack for passing the buck.

Funny how you all jump to conclusions like these, There are only 3 people who can delete posts. Me, the Administrator, Kane and Geoff and both would tell me of any removed posted. From memory, this year only 2 threads and less than 10 separate posts have been removed from the forum, and to my knowledge (I can check the logs if needed) no post has been removed apart from 1 spam advertisement in the last few months. The ones that were removed before this were because of complaints by other members of the forum, and are dealt with per complaint and in most cases are personal matters which dont involve others.

You are all looking for something that is not there and no post is deleted without informing the people involved. If you have evidence of these missing posts then I suggest you email it to me so I can investigate. I am disappointed with some of your attitudes and I hope you can bring it to yourselves to apologies publicly for your attitude in trying to escalate a situation that does not event exist.

Right, so where did my mail go? Am I looking in the wrong place?

...Make that 3 threads, Your are right the thread has been moved, Now Im as confused as you are, will check my Emails when I get home tonight and figure out what is going on but Im sure (hope) there is a good resaon for it.

Roboteer

Moved from safety discussions
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Three posts were removed on my roboteer page on website thead around May 15th, I recieved no explanation or notice at the time.
    The first was a kind of and? (not quote) response to the announcement, the second was a response from another roboteer to the and? and the third was my reasons for the thread in the first place, I wouldnt consider that any of the removed posts were offensive (mine certainly wasnt) or damaging to the sport.
    Can anyone elucidate?

Register To Comment