Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RoboChallenge at Think Tank, Birmingham - 30th December

Hi all,
    Robo Challenge will be holding a full combat featherweight event at the ThinkTank science museum in Birmingham on the 30th December.

After last years performance they have invited us back for more, and with spaces for upto 20 robots and a prize fund of £150 to the winner this event will not be one to miss!

Robots will be competing in our re-vamped arena (awaiting inspection) consisting of 10mm screens, 6mm steel kickplates, and our new addition of a 10mm plywood roof with all new sound and lighting effects to make this our best show yet!

Demonstrations by Team Razer and others will be held throughout the shows.
    A Robotwars Hall of Fame consisting of RobotWars veterans will be on show throughout the day. Competitors wishing to bring their Heavyweight for display purposes please post here or e-mail me at coop_bmx@msn.com.

More information will be posted soon.

Robots wishing to attend please post here or e-mail me at coop_bmx@msn.com with an estimated number of team members.

Mr Happy and DB5 will probably be there. Turbulence can also be put on static display.

Vertigo... if Ive time lol, will give it my best shot!

Sounds like a good event. Might have to try and get weed on the go!

(Message edited by Kronic on November 02, 2006)

The arena looks the dogs!

Thanks dave!

I would just like to confirm that along side the cash prize of £150 the winners will also take home a family season pass to Millenium points THINKTANK. Also, being close to christmas, the most festive Team will bag themselves a Family season pass to THINKTANK.

So get your names down & roboteers that want to come in festive fancy dress ,it would be great!

8. Well i think its about time for an update of whats happening so far....

The Address for the venue is as follows;

Thinktank Trust
    Millenium Point
    Curzon Street
    B4 7XG

Roboteers are expected to arrive at 8:30am for an early start to the show at 10:30am. Show times are not confirmed yet, and the event will finish by 4pm.

2.4Ghz transmitters will be allowed as of the 8th December

The competition will be run on a point based system, making sure that every one gets in enough fights, and finished off with semi finals and a 1 on 1 Grand final.

As Its Christmas time and events are always stressfull to everyone - we have decided to get into the team spirit and have some fun in the arena with a few teams in Robo Football after the finals of the competition!

Guarding the arena will be the all new Robo Challenge Scrapyard House robot Dozer, and if your lucky and time permits you will get the chance to enter the House Robot Rebelion !!

As some of you may have heard, the Robo Challenge arena is currently having a major face lift costing over 2 Thousand pounds on upgrades such as a complete new roof, exclusion zone and lighting effects setting all new standards for arena safety!

The Robotwars Hall of fame is still growing with robots such as Razer, Terrohurtz, Turbulance, Tiberious and many more...... (Heavyweights who have shown interest will receive e-mails shortly)

E-mails with all information will be sent out to teams attending in mid-December, and a list of featherweights/display heavies will be posted in the near future.

Signups are already half full, so get in before its too late!

Do you have a picture of Dozer and the improved arnea?

thanks alex

Register To Comment