Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie question - can't believe I'm asking this!

updated pic on profile. I am trying to screw/bolt the bulkheads to a polycarb base.
    All suggestions welcome.

Use something like Ali angle that you can get form any DIY store like B&Q. Then nuts and bolts to hold it all together. Thats the most simple and strong way to do it. And very reliable.

Mr Stu

4. Look like wheels and gears from technobots to me, though could be mistaken. :wink:

Ill second stus angle metal idea.

I third stus angle ali. however its best not to hold polycarbonate rigid as it could crack. try putting strips of rubber between the polycarb and the angle ali.

Reason i asked whether you are supporting your axle from the one side is because a bolt holding the axle out from the polycarb wont be very strong at all. If you have access to a lathe you could try something like this: http://news.terrorhurtz.com/2003/sidebulk.jpghttp://news.terrorhurtz.com/2003/sidebulk.jpg

Seems to do the job on THZ

Deffinatly stus suggestion of angle ali. for axle, if its mounted on one side, drill straight through polycarb, make a flange on thend of the axle and slide it through, then drill and tap the flange and bolt it to the polycarb. This will give you the best load distribution. ( i hope you can work out what i mean lol)

Cheers guys, I had considered something similar to the angle ali idea but I wanted to check for a lighter suggestion. You know the weight limit worries!

As for the gear, Ill see if I can find something light to hold the axle in one place for the time being

quote:

Are the wheels and gears from a floor roller exercise machine? - James Baker

Sorry James but no. The gears are (quite rightly guessed, Ewan) from technobots and the wheels are from a hardware store

Register To Comment