Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Feather Fight Issues

But Rob sometimes you go to me when organising the fights Ill go in that fight coz i dont want to fight that nasty robot

Confused.

Mr Stu

Yeah i agree Rob.
    Once Driving a spinner myself, you got the odd pusher/flipper that took a cheap shot at you while your playing nice and your sick of playing nice coz your taking damage. Luckly it wasnt as bad as it is maybe with you since Kitty was only a diddle little blade, where as Micro Chip is a EV powered spinner.

We are already taking steps to allow people to have fun damage fights and fun friendly fights at Roaming Robots events this year, and im sure it will follow everywhere else. Though i did remember setting up spinner and none spinner fights at XFM. Since it was my job to get the fight order ready, there was a few people who do not want to fight a spinner, so i had special none spinner white board fights, and other white board fights which were take what comes to you. And in fairness you entered the Take what comes to you white baord fights, but then i dissagree why some people ask you to Back off with your spinner, when a robot which hasnt got a spinner will do his best to put you in the pit or whatever.

Tricky one. Maybe spinners allowed WB fights and NONE Spinner white board fights are the way to go? But then i can see only spinners ending up in the Spinners allowded White Baord Fights so Grant gets his wish.

I dunno - someone elses thoughts?

Mr Stu

Yer i get what you mean. I do think that there should be an all out, and a friendly. And i totaly agree with Rob there, if he goes easy with a spinner, then so should flippers axes and rambots otherwise it makes a very unfair fight! But then how can you judge how freindly a pusher is being?

My origional comment made about the spinners fight was sparked through a few things, firstly from XFM Cambridge, i heard quite a few moans from one of the roboteers when the fights were picked (out of a hat, infront of the audience) and they were all spinners against each other. Then when the same fight got drawn again the second day, ALOT more moaning was going on by the same person because his spinner got a little bit of damage from anothers! Thats what i dont get, if you build a spinner, you cant complain about being broken by another.

Yeah thats true. I know about that moan about the hat draw - twice, i think he was having a bad day. But you cant let that one thing repersent everyone else, which we clearly saw at the next event Scoprion and Dragon Strike 1v1, both teams were hmmm ok this could be interesting. Its going to happen one day where 2 big spinners will meat 1v1, and they took it like grown men, bit of damage, nothing major thankfuly, but all was well.

But then how can you judge how freindly a pusher is being? - Very hard, but im sure we all know when Pillow Torque is at full stick on a robot into the arena wall. But i agree what your saying. Theres no really such thing as a Friendly fight unless its at a big outdoor friendly event. When your in an arena like that, with lots of crowd and roboteers, of course roboteers are going to try their best to win. Its been known for a friendly battle to turn into a nasty battle but hmmm one of the things were all going to have to deal with, and accept, there will be some to***ers out there that will go the full length to kill a robot when they told some roboteers Ill go easy on you etc. I saw it happen at least twice at Cambridge, and many other events. Something people are going to have to learn to deal with maybe, and maybe the event organiser should step in if a team goes OTT?

Mr Stu

Register To Comment