Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tag Team

What do people think about having a featherweight tag-team championship? I think this could be a very interesting idea, it would show more control, teamwork and if theres a weaker robot then the other can always help out and visa versa, if theres an unbeatable robot, the worse in the team may pull it down!
    Infact, there wouldnt even need to be a tag team, just a 2 team fight, then that would really show control between the teams.
    I think this would be a fun and entertaining for everyone.
    What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Grantage+Daveage

i like tag-teams (maybe an idea for sunday jonno!). Alpha is a very good robot for melles but struggles in 1v1, whereas G3 is the opposite! Put G3 and Alpha in for any tags.

4. Guest
    Have you Pommys been reading our forum?
    For those who dont know, in a bit over a week on the 3rd and 4th of july we Australians will be having an event weve called The ABBL Annihilator. The event will have 2 compititions, an annihilator and a tag-team. We plan on having 30 feather weight robots turn up to compete, which is the biggest gathering of robots in Australia so far. Im actually the one who came up with the rules for the tag-team event so maybe Ill let you blokes know who she goes.
    Have you thought about an Annihilator as well?

Rc Wars have run Annihilators for the last 3 series of Rc Wars. The current champion is Rampage.
    Maybe horizon and Scorpion Jnr, but i dont think pimp 2 is a winning machine at the moment. Although very good, its a bit too bendy.
    I would have a 1-on-1 with pimp2, and i asked him at newark for one, but we never had time, lol.
    I think Venom and Horizon would be the ultimate Tag-team. Venom could hold the opposition, whilst horizon smashed them to peices.
    Thanks
    Grant-PloughBot-Team Rc Wars

Sounds like fun...Got a (proper) robot half done now

Dave

9. Guest
    Yeah, riiiiight. Basilisk. Hmmmmmm. No comment.
    I was going to post this earlier, but I forgot. Basically for the way our tag team event went you pommys have got to give it a go. It was a great event some very interesting fight. Some of the tactics were a bit dodgy and the fights almost went free-for-all, but some teams clearly knew how to to do it. The winning team with a 6 wheeled pusher called Singularity and a Hori-spinner called Plan-B seemed to have the best tactics in that the pusher would leave the corner first and mix it up while the spinner got to full speed. Once the spinner was up to speed he left the corner and the pusher raced back before the 10 second changing time was up. The spinner will score a good hit and the robots would change so the spinner could re-charge. Repeat the process till the other team are reduced to parts.
    Ive made a high lights clip of all the fights I recorded, but I forgot the link to it 10 seconds after posting it. As soon as I remember I put it up so you can see what Australian robots look like.

Ah, twas such a great weekend, Annihilation finally went decent, the 1.8kg spinning bar at over 4000rpm certainly made its mark on several robots. The Tag Team was a lot of fun, especially when the Spin Doctors(Myself[Annihilation] and Nick[Basilisk]) enjoyed showing people what spinners could actually do.

Hurry with the video Daniel!!!

Register To Comment