Register To Comment
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Plumber View Post

I'm not exactly sure what all that means but, yes sounds good and I can take some hitch hikers from here in Sheffield.

I'm sort of looking to be an apprentice 'bot builder so......
    That'd be great if you could give a lift - I'd want to finish my featherweight to bring it along first in any case - should be about two weeks-ish. I'm not sure when you guys want to meet, but by all means meet without me if you were thinking sooner than that.

Quote Originally Posted by EventorizonIan View Post
    If a few people were willing to travel up to Ripon one weekend (about 55 minutes from Sheffield, 30 minutes from York) we could put up our Beetle arena in the garage for some BW or Ant whiteboards and FW testing/white goods recycling. Pub after maybe?
    Ian
    If I can meet some of you in the centre of Ripon, that could work out very well for me. Also, if anyone is passing near the Keighley/Skipton area on he way back, I could hitch a lift home with one of you.

Socials work best on a weekday evening 7.30pm is early enough to give robot builder time
    to have tea and get to the venue if not too distant and the plus points are you'll miss the
    evenings soap operas.
    I could get to the ripon venue and add some input, My pub in York offers a free use of a room
    for groups and I'm sure other town pubs offer the same or a garage is a starting point I guess.
    I'm pretty sure there are more would be roboteers out there but if you are looking for tips and
    meetings as a new face you might google Robot Wars rather than FRA

I'm pretty much in the same boat. If anything, I'd love to learn a few other things on top of what I learnt in the Prince's Trust meetup. And get a few ideas too. Mind you, all the ideas I have are for heavyweights so... :P

Oh yeah, and I live in Sheffield too. Which is fun. Near-ish Meadowhall.

I don't mind trading ideas with people, but the main thing I wanna learn from someone is MIG welding.

Register To Comment