Register To Comment
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincs...Notts.... Social

Last weekends meeting was another sucess with Myself, Mick K, Tim M, Neil I, Colin S + Robin W and Sam T in attendance. Not as many as the first meet - but damn respectable considering we clashed with the Worthing mtg & our Lincoln Xmas market. Even better since I thought it started at 8.00pm - yet everybody else told me last time it was at 7.00 ! (think Im going to stick with 8.00pm start - if thats ok with you lot)

We had a great idea from Metallis team about running an FRA challenge along the lines of a Squash Ladder. We bounced this around and feel that it would be really neat to list (say) the top 50 in a Pecking Order on the website (printed for events) - and let people challange those above to take their position.
    - Win and you jump above them
    - Loose and you drop into the pool at the bottom
    - Refuse the challenge (give em a bit of grace) and you move down (say) 10 places
    Obviously the details need to be worked thru and published - but Challenge Fights could be taken by requesting in advance and/or on the day - by agreement with the event organisers. Winner to report it to the webmaster by a form on the FRA site (which emails his oponent to give him 1 week to appeal). I will definately be taking this up with the FRA comittee when we meet in the new year.

An alternative was to acrue points by attending events and by winning fights - but countered with a blanket removal of points every month. This means teams will drop back into the pool of zeros - unless they keep attending and winning.

Tim passed around his draft document about curing reception problems. This has developed into a booklet explaining What to Do and Why to Do It. Some found it really useful - while others found it OTT on the theory. He was given the message to pull out the specific guidelines, while maintaining the reasons - to educate people who want to understand the principals. Hes working on this by Highlighting all the key actions. I reckon it will soon be in a format to offer to the FRA for review by Paul Hunt (Rx expert) and inclusion on the website.

I did not really discuss membership (since we are expecting most people to join the FRA via Roaming Robots), but did find at least one of the attendees has never been to one of Jonnos events. I guess next time I need to start asking people to join up - maybee.

Next Meeting ?
    Sat 3rd Jan is confirmed. Now, Jerremy Cuss has asked if we could hold it up in Huddersfield. We feel that is a bit of a pain for most - BUT - it was agreed that we should move our location around the area. General view is that we want to find some venues on the A1 corridor. SO - can anybody suggest a pub that would take about 12 people on a Sat night that is easy to find. Ideally something directly on the A1 around the Doncaster area - but 30m either way would increase our catchment significantly.

Please make you suggestions asap.

Have a good xmas - Ill be in touch.

Kevin Scott

yep ill be at that one

Heres my report on our Jan mtg

Happy New Year to you all,

We held out 3rd session in a smashing place with real log fire, and comfortable armchairs. Althought there were not many of us there, those who made it were rewarded with some excellent scenery to admire

We discussed the agenda for next weekends mtg and recognised that the main topic will be where the sport goes in the future. No specific plans were aired, but there is obvious support for anybody keen enough to take over the challange.

We looked through Tims manual on Electro Magnetic Interferance in Robots (and How to Deal with it) - which is in excellent shape and will be proposed for adoptation by the Association at next weeks meeting (Thanks Tim - an brilliant piece of work).

I tabled some charts showing a way to assess the KE in robot spinning weapons - and picked up some ideas which have assisted in presentation.

Ive since showed them to James (whos working with me on the project) and was very relieved when he agreed with my maths

These are Not ready to be published (as FRA havnt even agreed if they should reconsider the damn things) - but I think they neatly present Allowable lines for a range of different styles - at variety of energy levels. You can plot your spinner without any knowledge of the formulae, and readily compare to an Allowable which can be specified for each arena or event. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to air these at the next central meeting as well.

FRA application forms were handed out (please send them off guys) and the evening continued with the usual banter about whos done what, and where . . . .

Next meeting is confirmed for Sat 7th Feb - venue TBD. PLEASE advise if youd prefer Lincoln or Barnby Moor - but I can state that BM is a more comfortable venue, and the management made us very welcome.

In the future, Steve W has offered to bring his Antweight arena - so get your Ants out and lets lean on him to set it up. Post here if you can. It may influence our choice of venue (coz this time of year his Ant box will not be viable at The Pride of Lincoln).

Regards,
    Kevin Scott
    FRA Regional Rep.
    Notts, Lincs and Yorks

Sorry could not make it guys i was going to come but a big merc van had other ideas and ran into the back of my car on the saterday. Deff try and get to the next meet

pride of lincoln please!,£2.75 for a pint of shandy at barnby,thanks but no thanks-more scope at p of l,for now,plus theres room for steves arena,that place is massive.

Barnby moore please Kev

Pride of Lincoln please.

**** forgot the arena! *Goes to cut a new baseplate*

Kevin
    i have tried to reply to your email but it bounces back to me

Register To Comment