Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BotFest 2 (23rd March 2019)

Team Kaizen

A massive thanks from me to everyone who attended today, we ended up with nearly double the number of competitors from the pilot! Despite the issues we were having with the arena floor (clearly, the masking tape over the join between the floor boards was the overall winner of the event :P), we had spectacular fights and a range of fun and interesting designs. Special mention to the Stolen Concept vs Voodette fight for being so memorable!

I mentioned this briefly but we are looking to run BotFest 3 on the 14th of September this year - there is a community centre about 10 minutes up the road which have expressed an interest in having BotFest there so I'll be taking with them next week to see what they would be happy with (it may end up being a BW non-spinner and AW event, we'll have to see). I'll be looking into building a new arena as well to address the issues that cropped up with this one - I'll be moving offices soon so probably end up using the existing arena as a testing arena.

Keep an eye out for the next event!
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Thanks for the kind words both of you!

It was a fantastic event!! Everyone was so lovely, but I think the best part was the amount of fights we all got; 7 + whiteboards/melees is nothing short of fantastic, especially considering the amount of robots signed up! Great as usual, I'll mark the next one in my diary

Thanks Michael

Sorry, Lucy

The forum's being a little tricky to edit posts on.

Scarrosaki
    Just to add my 2 cents a bit late,

Great event and well done to Oracoke for keeping it running so smooth with so many fights to do

Was a great fun day all round and awesome to meet everyone, shouts to Theo and Paul for the spectacle that was Voodette vs Stolen Concept, and well done to everyone who took part!

Will definetly be returning for BotFest 3, and it would be excellent to have Beetle stuff as well!

Team Kaizen

Many thanks, congratulations for the overall win!
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    Heres the Video from the event, thanks to everyone who let us use some of their footage. Enjoy!

Bad Wolf

Scarrosaki
    great to see those fights again, love the Rocky theme on Theo's valiant effort

watching my fight against Fermented Melon again was great as well, such a close, intense and downright fun fight to be part of

What that lot said ^^^

Especially the fight between Melon and Bodacious. I was gonna scrap Melon as a bad idea until that fight. I mean.. it's still a bad idea, but it was so much fun!

Register To Comment