Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robodojo Featherweight Competition January 27th

Hi Folks, We're holding our next Featherweight competition on Sunday January 27th. Sign ups here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...orm?usp=pp_url

There will be two competitions one for Sportsman and one Full combat.
    Sportsman rules for 2019 via our Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/RobodojoUK/
    pinned to the top.
    It's worth noting that the fighting area for this next Sportsman competition will not be entirely flat! and will feature raised areas no higher than 20mm.

Tech checks from 8:30, First round 10am, four rounds, last round 4pm, finish by 5pm.
    Entry is £10 per team plus £5 per additional robot.

Venue is KB Technologies , Unit 4, Lancaster road, Sherburn in Elmet LS25 6NS, 5 min from A1/M62 junction

Signed up. See you all there!

Have signed up for full combat. Looking forward to participating, working weapon or not!

Signed up full combat

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I have booked a catering van to be on site during the day for Bacon/Egg/Sausage butties in the morning, burgers for lunch, & cans of pop.
    A vegetarian menu is also available
    (so you know to bring a little cash)

Keith
    yay

McMullet
    Hi folks, really looking forward to this weekend!

As a first-timer here, I have a question/request on the exact rules for receivers. I have an OrangeRX that I bought specifically because it has preset failsafes, but I appear to have toasted it. (Or it's faulty... but I plugged the ESC leads in upside down so it's probably my fault. It's definitely not working right, one motor creeps round when the sticks are at zero and both cut in and out when running. Have tried rebinding and no change. Assuming dead loss.)

I have a Spektrum AR610 that came with my Dx6e, which works fine. However, I was under the impression that the AR610 isn't allowed as it doesn't have a full failsafe mode.

Can anyone clarify whether the AR610 is OK to use (in the sportsman event) - in which case I no longer have a problem?

Alternatively, would anyone who is going to be there have a suitable spare Rx able they'd be able to sell me a Sunday? (As I'll be pushing it a bit to get a new one before the weekend.)

Team Kaizen

As a first-timer here, I have a question/request on the exact rules for receivers. I have an OrangeRX that I bought specifically because it has preset failsafes, but I appear to have toasted it. (Or it's faulty... but I plugged the ESC leads in upside down so it's probably my fault. It's definitely not working right, one motor creeps round when the sticks are at zero and both cut in and out when running. Have tried rebinding and no change. Assuming dead loss.)
    If you connect just one of the items to the OrangeRX, does it work as normal?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    It's running a FeatherTwo, which I think needs both channels to do anything?

Cheers for the quick response btw!

Register To Comment