Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Few questions about Motors, Esc’s, HDPE

Triceratop
    Hi Matt,
    Never having an active weapon I cannot suggest from experience, however from a personal prospective, I would go with two separate batteries. Two reasons: 1. you can tune the battery to the system requirements, 2. should one system have a problem the other will remain healthy.
    As for the charger, you can pick up chargers on ebay quite a bit cheaper that will do the job - try looking at an iMax B6 - these can be bought with an integrated charger or separate.

Hope this helps, regards Cliff

Team Kaizen

Or Is it worth getting two separate lower capacity ones and running weapon and drive of separate battery to relieve stress on a single battery?
    This is a thing I keep on running into time and time again. The Honey Badger 2.2, Shu! and Kaizen used separate batteries to drive their weapons. However, it does mean more weight and more wiring to deal with but the advantage is that independence which means one system isn't dependant on the battery which drives both. However, in my new Beetleweight and Ikari, they use a single battery for both drive and weapon. Less weight but more risky. Depends on what the design calls for ultimately.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Never used them, so can't say. However, the blue Flightmax batteries I have good experiences with. Only had battery failure after genuinely flattening the LifePO4 batteries I use by over-exerting them.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team RCC is using the Zippy Compacts for a while now. No complaints there. These do the job fine.

Register To Comment