Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Few questions about Motors, Esc’s, HDPE

Team Kaizen

about the battery. I cannot see it being an issue if you got a charger Plus a lipo bag/metal box ( you shouldn't need it using a battery like that BUT EO may want it)
    I'd play it safe and assume that the same restrictions for Li-Po batteries apply to Li-Ion batteries as they are not specifically mentioned in the section which details the specific battery chemistries in which "no specific precautions" are noted. Then again, I follow the Li-Po rules for my Li-Fe batteries and they are listed. Best be safe than sorry.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Lipo rules apply to Li ion But due to them being in a drill battery I do not know if they still apply

Team Kaizen

Yes, I assumed they would but in the same context, just because they are in a hard shell doesn't mean they wouldn't apply, that shell will probably be plastic and offer no fire resistance.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Is this your first bot? As spinners are Hella dangerous and Shrapnel is one of the baddest in the fw class

The standard powertool batteries are large and heavy compared to what they are capable of.

Register To Comment