Register To Comment

Thread: Would this transmitter and receiver be suitable for an antweight?

Aspiring Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Andrew
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fpv-race...e-2-black.html

^ the product in question

This transmitter looks far more comfortable to hold than the standard chunky controllers I see, however the product description says it's designed for drones. Would this be an issue?

The receiver only weighs ~7g, so the weight should be fine for an antweight I'm assuming.

Team Kaizen

Status
    Name
    Michael
    Robots
    AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu / BW: Shu!, ??? (planning) / FW: The Honey Badger / MW: Kaizen
    The transmitter looks fine to me (noting that the protocol is AFHDS rather than DSMX which is something to bear in mind if you were looking for a different receiver), seems to be within the rules and the weight for the receiver should be OK for an Antweight.
    Team Kaizen

AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu
    BW: Shu! (Build Thread)
    FW: The Honey Badger (Build Thread)
    MW: Kaizen (Build Thread)

Aspiring Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Andrew
    So I'd have to use the receiver that comes with it, or one of a similar protocol then? Couldn't just stick in a lemon RX instead if I felt like it?

Team Kaizen

Status
    Name
    Michael
    Robots
    AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu / BW: Shu!, ??? (planning) / FW: The Honey Badger / MW: Kaizen
    Yeah, the protocols need to match. I don't know about the AFHDS protocol and wherever there is any special requirements but in the case of the LemonRX, it would not work as that is a DSMX/DSM2 receiver.
    Team Kaizen

AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu
    BW: Shu! (Build Thread)
    FW: The Honey Badger (Build Thread)
    MW: Kaizen (Build Thread)

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Graham
    Robots
    AW: Suspicious Houmous, Sprouting Potato, Fermented Melon
    I've got a FlySky FS-iA6 tx (enormous!) that uses AFHDS, and I used it in one of my ants. It seems fine, and you can get a fairly small 4-channel rx for it.

It has a small amount of telemetry, showing rx voltage, which you can apparently hack a bit to get battery voltage. Never tried it, tho - I don't like the idea of battery voltage going anywhere near the rx. :P

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Robbie Kinghorn
    Robots
    |AW| Life and Death |AW| Because I Can: Recycled |AW| Life and Death: Resurrected
    I use AFHDS2A in all my bots: FS-i6 & FS-i6X transmitters; 0.9g 4 channel receivers from banggood - they have been great so far!

https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS2A...r_warehouse=CN

They can be powered from 3.3-10V which is very handy (2s). Also a bind button rather than having to use a bind plug.

The only reason I use AFHDS (2A) stuff is because I got my first transmitter and receiver as a prize with a quadcopter, so there was no point getting different stuff if it worked fine.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Graham
    Robots
    AW: Suspicious Houmous, Sprouting Potato, Fermented Melon
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantQuack View Post
    They can be powered from 3.3-10V which is very handy (2s). Also a bind button rather than having to use a bind plug.
    I never noticed the voltage range. Handy! The bind button is also handy, but don't do what I did and heat-shrink it before binding. :P

Register To Comment