Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Brick ESC Programming

Hi,

Has anyone managed to successfully program a Red Brick ESC? I’ve got the 125A version and am trying to set the number of lipo cells (it seems to be currently set to 7s so keeps cutting out with my 6s pack), but the sequence of beeps doesn’t in any way resemble what the manual says should happen. Google also isn’t providing any help other than showing other people have the same issue as me!

Any help would be much appreciated

Team Kaizen

I've got a little bit of experience in programming the 100A v2 version. I don't recall if the SimonK code specifies the number of cells in it, I'll check a little later on tonight.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Thanks that would be great!

Team Kaizen

There is a function in the SimonK assembly which can hard code how many cells it is expecting (CELL_COUNT) and get it to bleep how many cells it is detecting before arming (BLIP_CELL_COUNT) so I'd look at setting those and then flashing your Red Bricks. For what it is worth, my 100A V2s work fine on a 6S LiFe setup with the flashed firmware.

Hmm I wasn’t planning on flashing then but have got the AVR programmer from hacking TZ85As so guess I could. Mine is the version 1 I think, guess I need to find a diagram for the programming pins

Interested to know if there was an update on any progress on this?

Team Kaizen

I've got it working. Not perfectly but it is working :P I'll update more on The Honey Badger build thread later on this evening.

Team Kaizen

Sounds as if the out of box motor timing is out for the motor potentially, what voltage is going to it? Given that there are 7 poles on the old 5060 version apparently (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ntm-prop...0kv-2665w.html), I'd imagine this motor would be the same or similar so looking at the 200A instructions (https://cdn-global-hk.hobbyking.com/...9X43349X43.pdf), you need to look at the timing modes for it.

As an aside, I can't say for the 200A version but on the 100A version, I use a USB programming tool (the same sort as the one used on the TZ85A to make them brushed) to flash the ESC with (this specifically: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/usbasp-a...occessors.html).

Register To Comment