Register To Comment

Thread: C02 bottle mounting

Team Helix
    Hi all,

I have a question for you all. Is there any advantage or dissadvantage of mounting a paintball co2 cylinder vertically or horizontally? Will a horizontal mount freeze up more or over presurise?

Regards

Tom

Mounting it vertically will often leave you with much less space inside your robot or at least compromise your design in some way (at least for most conventional designs).

The horizontal should not over pressurise, as whats in the bottle is max pressure and the rest of your system should be rated for that assuming your running FP.

Should probably ask what pressure your running at before giving more specific advice regarding freezing?

Team Helix
    No not full pressure it is up to 10bar

I would tilt the bottle, depending on what regulator you're using (you need a low press reg to lower pressure in bottle 50ish bar to system pressure 10bar) A horizontal bottle may let liquid CO2 through the regulator - freezing it - which could limit it's regulating ability. Also seals on valvetry and attached cylinder etc will not like liquid CO2. If you dont have space to tillt the bottle you can use an anti-siphon tube inside your bottle.

Team Helix
    I origionally planned for vertical and still can do it, so although not as easy as horizontal i think with time constraints and no time to fiddle vertical wins.

Register To Comment