Register To Comment

Thread: Help with contactor and motor suppliers please.

Hi and welcome back!
    You will need a suitable esc to run the motor direct from the RX, but as you want to use a contacrot, you will need something that can switch a low voltage output on/off to switch your high voltage contractor/relay.

Have a look at the amp your motor will use if you have it, and calculate the max amps then that can narrow down the switch.
    The switch device will convert the RX signal to on off, which can be used to switch the coil or contractor on off.
    Using an ESC will allow you to bypass a relay or contractor and give you speed control of your weapon as apposed to bang bang control (off—> max on)
    You can program the brushless esc to run brushed motors too. I have programmed a few myself and happy to assist.

Weapon motors can be sourced from hobbyking, or eBay for weapon brushless and brushed respectively.

Batteries can also be bought from hobbyking, but as your talking about max it’s battery packs I assume it’s a featherweight your building, so something like a 5s or 6s, I use 4s, 2800mah or 3000mah will be fine for spinning weapons if a little too high, I use 3200 and 2800 for my axe bot and it doesn’t run low.
    Optipower are also battery supplies I think that’s what they are called and as a FRa member, they have discounts.

Ranglebox stopped selling the tz85a as that particular model esc has been discontinued. I use these on my bot and have programmed th5em myself.

Motors, people also use Argos drill motors as a basic start. I sell motor mounts for these too shameful plug!

You don't need to use LiPo batteries, they're popular because of their power to weight ratio.

I'm also pretty sure there's something called a 'Battle switch' for the heavies, I don't see why you couldn't use a relay for a feather, just be careful with the draw, a relay will click 'ON' and draw a good lump of current from the off, an ESC can at least accelerate more slowly to avoid stall draw scenarios, but this is only the thoughts of a newbie, maybe the practice works different to my understanding of the theory.

As for the ripsaw motor, every component has it's pioneer, those saws have some mega chops, could be an interesting result for a spinner.

This is what you want to interface between the receiver and a larger contactor. I've used these in every machine I've built and haven't had one fail on me.

https://www.technobotsonline.com/pol...vdc-relay.html

Register To Comment