So, i'm searching for a good way to mount HDPE-Wheels to a Drill shaft (Actually, to the Neptune Gearbox from Ranglebox, but the shaft seems to be the same 3/8 UNF outer thread and reverse M5 inner thread.

just hammering/melting a hex nut into the HDPE didn't stand up to the fight when i tried, couldn't go for more than one fight without at least one wheel coming off without real enemy contact. The HDPE basically just was too soft and the nut alone didn't provide enough friction/profile.

So i'm searching for some kind of a hub, preferably off the shelf (well, someones shelf), since i just don't have tools/equipment for that kind of metal work to do myself.

Other idea would be welding a round sheet of metal to the nut, drill holes through that sheet, and screw it right into the HDPE, to give a stronger connection of HDPE and nut. Just my welding skills are non existent, and even if they were i'd doubt i could get that so the wheel would be straight.

So any other ideas? Possibly shoppable solutions rather than those needing tools/machines i don't own?

(ideal solution might be a new shaft with fitting hub, but again, i can't do that).