Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3x Ampflow E30-400

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As per title, got 3 Ampflow E30-400s for sale.

Originally intended to go inside the new Dystopia, but im now looking at some brushless options.

Personally ive never used them, but they were 2nd hand when i got them myself. Visually appear in good condition with very little usage, however have been in storage for over a year.

Gearbox not included in the sale. Should form a very good drivetrain for middleweights and average for heavyweights.

I'm glad we're using middleweights as context for power now! Have they been tested?

No, ive never used them in anything.

Im assuming they do work - dont see anything visually why they wouldnt. But if they dont then ill take them back of course (assuming they havnt magically turned black inside or something)

Quote Originally Posted by ACEGUY View Post
    Are the E30-400's even good for a HW drive system? I've been looking at them as a possibility.
    No.

The E30-400's are comparable to 300W wheelchair motors (half a Bosch GPA750). But with the big difference that your avarage heavier wheelchairmotor can be overvolted and survive.
    Ampflow motors are "hot wound", meaning that they are already on the limit of the voltage tolerance. Even running those without a load on the specified voltage will heat those up to "less than touchable" levels.

With the right gearratio and some additional cooling mechanismes those can be used for a heavy. But with less than 4 it will be a slow one.

Who is Carlo?

2WD is less strain on the drive. True. Small wheels can work with a low ratio of gearing, but the machine won't be fast. If you aim for a fast heavyweight, you'll have to look for more, or "stronger" motors.

To give you an idea. Bullfrog uses Iskra 1200W 24V motors on 10S with a gearratio of 20-1 and 10" wheels. Gravity 3 used Bosch 750 motors with 10" wheels and a gearratio of 15-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ACEGUY View Post
    He is the guy that sells the Ampflow motors in the US and also the builder of Biohazard from the comedy central days of Battlebots.
    are you on about battlekits ? yes it is possible but it doesnt make it wise

But back of topic, Would you sell them individually or you prefer as one lot ?

Register To Comment