Register To Comment

Thread: Speed Balance Two Drive motors

Triceratop
    Hi all, I am having a problem with the drive motors running at the same speed - each motor drives one wheel at front and I have a central single dragged wheel at the rear. The problem is when I run the motors especially at full speed one is slightly slower than other making steering control for straight line very awkward. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at Grantham next weekend - Let the battle begin....!

Regards Tricerabot (Cliff).

Team Kaizen

Try adjusting the trims on your controller, I found I had to do that with The Honey Badger to get it to go in a straight line.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

If you can't get it right with the trims on your controller, another option would be to look at a gyro.

Triceratop
    Thanks guys, will try the trim, I have found on my handset I can adjust each stick so for example one on full is 100% and the other 96%, this may get me going better for Grantham.

If o remember correctly, brushed motors are 90% happy going reverse, and 100% going forwards. So by having a mirrored motor you will usually find that one goes slower causing forward to drift.

Team Kaizen

It is something like that, aye. If you need a hand doing this at Grantham, come and find me, pretty sure I'll be able to help on the day.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Triceratop
    Hopefully the percentage correction on the stick will do it. Many thanks Michael, and will definitely endeavour to meet up with you at Grantham, my guess especially with this being my first event, all will be happening and time will fly.
    Nat, Alan, many thanks for your help also, and again if at Grantham hopefully we can meet up.
    All the best.

Register To Comment