Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Team Triforce Featherweight drum

  1. #21
    Looks like you got a good Nuts guard to protect those wheels, even thou those two robots are different weight class.

  2. #22
    Roboteer

    Status
    Offline
    Name
    N/A
    Robots
    The Unnamed, Bourbon, Deadlock
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    131
    Honestly, don't machine all the way though, like proper iso-grid and you'll save the pain of the Ti. Or even use duct tape instead of the Ti if it's purely for stopping debris.

  3. #23
    TechAUmNu's Avatar
    Roboteer

    Status
    Offline
    Name
    Euan Mutch
    Robots
    Robots: Triforce(HW) ESCS: A200S & A450S (in progress)
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    297
    The armor should be able to flex around enough to stop most spinners. I see many designs where people have a flat plate mounted with lots of shock mounts. The folks on battlebots do it a lot and the plate always gets caught from the side and torn forwards ripping the rubber. They are really awful in tension, if you keep them in compression they are pretty good at shear loads. Which is why beta works so well.

    If I had more time I would have made it angled, but that takes ages to work out all the angles.

    Yeah I realized that not going all the way was probably a better plan, since I had put screw holes for the ti behind the wheels lol. Also saves me needing a spoil board below the part when machining it.
    Last edited by TechAUmNu; 10th August 2018 at 11:32.

  4. #24
    TechAUmNu's Avatar
    Roboteer

    Status
    Offline
    Name
    Euan Mutch
    Robots
    Robots: Triforce(HW) ESCS: A200S & A450S (in progress)
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    297
    Lots of work this weekend on the new drums got the first one mostly bored out, bearing pocket is done and the first hardox tooth fits on nicely. Now I need to flip it round and do the other side... and I broke my dial indicator!

    Also made up the wheel pulleys, now just the motor one and tensioner to do. Everything else has arrived. Still no quotes on titanium so looks like I need to either buy a piece from ebay and send it to kcut or use hdpe for the top.


    5206915164018112470.jpgimage-20180811_150643.jpgimage-20180811_152108.jpg
    Last edited by TechAUmNu; 13th August 2018 at 14:31.

  5. #25
    TechAUmNu's Avatar
    Roboteer

    Status
    Offline
    Name
    Euan Mutch
    Robots
    Robots: Triforce(HW) ESCS: A200S & A450S (in progress)
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    297
    Finally finished the drum core and shrink fitted the bearings. Just need to glue in the motor can and drill the holes for the shoulder bolts.

    20180813_211501.jpg20180815_090917.jpg20180815_090921.jpgimage-20180815_202650.jpgimage-20180815_213220.jpg

    Also got in some nice shiny BT30 holders for the mill.
    image-20180815_003908.jpg

  6. #26
    TechAUmNu's Avatar
    Roboteer

    Status
    Offline
    Name
    Euan Mutch
    Robots
    Robots: Triforce(HW) ESCS: A200S & A450S (in progress)
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    297
    Lots more work! Finished the main bits of the drum weighs in at about 3.5kg so far. Still needs the shoulder bolts and magnet can for the hub motor.

    image-20180817_122022.jpg

    We cast on of the tyres to see what the rubber is like, it doesn't really stay on the wheel... So might need to glue them or something.

    image-20180819_133637.jpg

    And a huge amount of work on the mill. Should be up and running by the end of Monday...


    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •