Register To Comment

Thread: Wedge / wedge lets etc

Team Helix
    Hi all,

Just trying to redesign the front of my flipper to actually get under other robots and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what is considered the best way to make the front wedge. Especially for live events floors. As far as i can see there are 4 options.

1. Have a big flat area at the front that directly runs along the floor.

2. Have a solid wedge that is spaced at a fixed distance from the ground. (but does not account for floor roughness).

3. Have wedgelets. That run flat on the ground but have some play in them.

4. Have an dynamic adjustable height front wheel/s to drop or raise the wedge mid fight. (Like cassius).

Looking at who is successfull at live events seems to show that 1 to 3 all work but are there any tricks to them I should know?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Been thinking about the same issue myself for my Alligrator.
    I have not yet competed but I see lots of postswhere people talk about uneven floors and also debris accumulation.

I was thinking about a castor mounted in such a way as so I could adjust the rake front to back, and control the height of the front edge.

On my beetle I am using a HDPE skid fashioned and two drive wheels, its not a wedge but the principal is the same. This approach could be a variation on option 1/2 as it runs on the floor but could lift the tip up a bit so it would get over small ridges. It would wear down but a bit of HDPE is easily replaced.

Register To Comment