Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 'bot, a featherweight

Team Kaizen

Hey Ian, welcome to the forum!

The concept is fine, I'd possibly say the design won't hold up well if a vertical spinner comes in from the side or back. As for this...

Concept is a wedge with a spinner towards the top of the wedge which will be mostly enclosed. get opponent on the wedge and hopefully hit their soft underbelly.
    ...I'd have a set of raised rails (for want of a better word) on either side of the disc running down the sides of wedge to ensure you hit the underside.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Well i take it this is your first bot ? I would suggest not starting with a spinner as they are hard to build well and extremelly dangerous and can only be ran at either Exterme Robots or RoboChallange FW Champs, get the drive chain and wedge going.

On a note about the design, to be honest don't see a benifit to the spinners location, it would still hit the heavy front armour of most bots in the same way a normal vert would, you are just adding more wedge for some else to hit. Also the wheel placement it would be hard to drive thanks to gyroscopics. To be honest even a extending saw would not help as it would just push the bot up and away from it.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but i would much perfer you to have effective bot as your first bot as it really helps you with confidence.

Register To Comment