Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FW electric crusher build

You could prob loose 'some' weight by using 2wd and a belt between drives. saves weight on motor gearbox (but gains on belt and pulleys?

also you wouldn't need those large plates to hold the motors in place, something like these will do: (shameless plug - i do sell some)
    also the plastic casing around the linac could be striped back a bit. i have a couple of those actuators and although i haven't striped mine, they do look as if they can be.

full new robot.pngfull robot inside.png

Update on the CAD. I have created a final design that clocks in 1kg under the weight limit including batteries and ESC's. Hopfully all the fasteners will be less than 1kg.

The frame will be assembled primarily using barrel nuts with some standard nuts and screws as well.

The motors are 15.6v drill motors and I plan to run them on 4s lipo for testing with the option of overvolting them to 7s later. For the 24v actuator i'm unsure if i should use 6s or 7s currently.

For ESC I was going to use two of the feather two controllers as I think 5s lipo may be too much for the dual version to handle.

Then wheels where also cut from hdpe using the same dremel attachment and had bike tyre screwed into them. Since the wheel had to be a certain height and it's difficult to accurately measure the rubber tire tread I first did a teat wheel from wood.

IMG_20181006_173556.jpg
    IMG_20181006_172800.jpg

To attach the wheels to the motor shaft I used nut plates used on furniture legs, I had to drill out the metric thread and tap in the correct imperial thread for the drill motor shaft however.

IMG_20181007_111401.jpg
    IMG_20181008_193839.jpg

Finally the motors and wheels were put into the mounts and placed in the robot.

IMG_20181008_194408.jpg

Register To Comment