Register To Comment

Thread: Spur 3 (Brushless 4WD FW) + 2 brushless drive gearboxes

For sale is Spur 3, a powerful brushless rambot!

Features:
    -LemonRX
    -2x 380kv 50-60's Propdrive V1's
    -2x 200A Redbrick ESCs (Reflashed with SimonK and 3d printed casing)
    -Maxi blade fuse
    -Spur gear reduction tor ear wheels, belt from rear to front.
    -Hardox chassis (mostly ~3.5mm)
    -XT90 battery connection and link

Weight: Approx 10-11kg (please note this is very rough as I didn't have scales to hand)

It's a fast powerful bot with a tough chassis and very easily maintainable interior. With room up front for a weapons workings to be added or just add a wedge onto it. It powers through melees well and is great fun. Though please note it is supplied without battery I recommend a 5S of around 3-4Ah or potentially a drop to 4S if you want to tame it a bit. This bot perpetually thinks it is in Tokyo Drift and lives its life exclusively to the soundtrack of Initial D, be prepared for a bot that likes to power slide around the arena.

Known issues:
    -The lid needs washers to be spaced upwards off the drive pulleys. You could easily make a new lid. Also you'll need to find some more screws for it.
    -The drive is powerful enough that there is a possibility of snapping its own belts, not too difficult to repair. Could be fixed with tweaking the simonK or general controls to be more gentle or move to 4S.
    - Tread on the tyres deteriorates quickly till it runs on the screws (Back wheels in need of new tread).

Delivery: You can either collect from North Dorset, or from an event (Guildford and AWS 55 are my next certain ones). Postage is sorta possible but it's really not easy.

Notes: You will have to change the robots name, it does not come with the robot.

Video:
    From an early test:

This melee shows what it's capable of. Skip to 1hr 20m 50S. Or for a quick view 1h 22m 45s and watch the poor microwave (bottom left)

----------------------------------------

Also for sale are 2 mario S900 gearboxes mated to alienpower motors.

These are a nice pairing of gearbox and brushless motor (300kv 1.2kw IIRC I think we used to run it on 5S) that while old are still good. The gearboxes alone are in great condition and could be swapped to another more modern motor. Weight of ~825g per gearbox + motor.

Delivery: Postage is fine on these or collection from the above events.

Known issues:
    - These motors are discontinued and have been for quite a while
    - The plate between the gearbox and motor could do with the screws being more appropriately sized for full thread engagement (length of bolt).
    - One motor has had its sensors removed due to them not working, the other still has them but their status is unknown.

Video:
    They are the setup in this robot (On very 'curious' early brushless ESCs that didn't really have a proper reverse):

----------------------------------------

PM me offers (Please don't PM asking for a price). FRA, facebook or to my Nuts And Bots email is good (alexshakespeare(at)nutsandbots.co.uk).
    Last edited by Shakey; 26th May 2018 at 22:09.

Spur 3 is now sold!

Register To Comment